About this transaction:
- You need your New Zealand driver licence.
- You must provide a physical address (eg, a street address) in New Zealand.
- You can change your driver licence address or motor vehicle(s) address, or both. Note By updating your vehicle address your driver licence address will automatically be updated.
- Only the primary registered person (not joint registered persons) can update vehicle address details online.
- Organisations can update vehicle address details by putting their request in writing on organisation letterhead and by supplying as many details as possible (e.g. contact name and number, their NZ Transport Agency customer number, Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable), vehicle plate numbers, new physical and mailing address details). This request can be mailed to the NZ Transport Agency, Private Bag 11777, Palmerston North 4442 or faxed to the NZ Transport Agency 06 953 6406. Alternatively you can attach your letterhead requesting address changes and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
NZ Transport Agency checks the address against the New Zealand Post Address File and will allocate a postcode where one is available.
The particulars provided with this transaction will be stored and/or form part of the Motor Vehicle Register. Collection and dissemination of this information is authorised by Part 17 of the Land Transport Act 1998. Corresponding information held on other parts of the Land Transport Register may be amended.
Under the Electoral Act 1993, s 263B, the NZ Transport Agency is authorised to release information for data matching purposes to the Electoral Enrolment Centre. The Privacy Act 1993 provides rights of access to, and correction of, any retrievable personal information held by the NZ Transport Agency. Should you wish to exercise these rights please contact the NZ Transport Agency, Private Bag 11777, Palmerston North 4442 or email: mailto: email@example.com.